We are committed to serving our families in the St. Croix Valley as best we can during this challenging time. Thank you for uniting your prayers to ours as we intercede for all who are affected by COVID-19.
Please continue visiting this page for updates, resources, and encouragement as we navigate this season together.
View our latest protocols and procedures as our Parish Offices reopen:
St. Michael's Church Staff & Visitor Protocol
St. Michael & St. Mary COVID-19 Preparedness Office Reopening Plan
- Join the Flock!
- As we strive to stay connected during this especially unique season, we are extremely excited to launch Flocknote! This platform will allow us to text, email, and stay connected as a parish community. Specific groups and ministries may have the opportunity to communicate with their members, and all of us will have a greater opportunity to stay in-the-loop
- Text MaryMichael to 84576 or use our web form to sign-up. Thank you for embarking on this new endeavor with us as we find new ways to keep our flock connected.
Ways to Help
- Please contact Deacon Bert Bliss at 651-379-1266 if you have extra time or talent on your hands that you would be willing to lend to other families in our community needing assistance.
- Please consider cooking a meal for our priests. Fr. Izen and Fr. Barnes are exceedingly grateful for your support as they continue to minister to our parish community. Log on to the Care Calendar site using Calendar ID 215802 and Password 9368. Complete your entry online as directed. Meal preferences and directions for drop off time and location are listed on the site. There is a refrigerator on the porch for leaving food and a storage bin where cleaned dishes can be picked up. Please call either Parish Office for assistance in signing up to bring a meal.
- Please continue to pray – particularly at home through your daily sacrifices and inconveniences. We know our prayers and suffering united to Christ’s Passion are powerful remedies to every difficulty we face.
- Please prayerfully consider giving to help our parish continue its work of ministering to our community. Online giving through our parish website is a simple option while our gatherings are limited at this time.
Resources for Your Family
- Seeking assistance with groceries, childcare, or just someone to chat with during this difficult time? Please reach out to Deacon Bert Bliss at 651-379-1266 to see if our pastoral ministry team might be able to help.
- Hunger Solutions: For more information on food security, visit www.hungersolutions.org/find-help/
- Valley Outreach: Providing a bag of groceries for those in need. No appointment needed, drive-up service is available Monday/Wednesday/Friday 9:30-11:30 a.m. and Tuesday/Thursday 4:30-6:30 p.m. Please do not arrive early and follow posted directions when you pull up. For financial assistance or other service needs, call 651-430-2739.
The Best Ways to Support Seniors in Our Community
Assisting with Aging-in-Place Needs:
Below is a great list of resources on plugging in to help seniors in need:
For seniors aging in place, you can pitch in to ensure their home is free from hazards:
11 Low-Cost Aging in Place Modifications You Can Do Yourself
Assisting with Daily Living Needs:
The activities of daily living—such as eating, bathing, and dressing—can become challenging without assistance:
5 Tasks Seniors Need Help With the Most
Transportation: What Caregivers Need to Know
Paying for Assistive Technology
18 Quick, Easy and Healthy Meals for Seniors
Healthy Aging in Place: 3 Ideas for Seniors Who Want to Eat Nutritiously
Protective Face Masks - Resources on Making and Wearing Them
Assisting with Social Isolation Needs:
Social isolation has been linked to several physical and mental health issues in seniors.
How To Avoid Loneliness And Social Isolation For Seniors
6 Ways to Help Seniors Stay Social
What to Put in a Care Package for Seniors
Tips to Help Seniors Boost Physical and Mental Health During Quarantine
Recommendations from our St. Michael and St. Mary Faith Formation Team
Other Mass Options
- Formed – Instant access to thousands of the best Catholic movies, programs, audio, and books for all ages. Use our parish code 183532 to enjoy full access to this life-changing content.
- Ascension Presents - Strengthen your faith, get answers to tough questions, and discover truth through fun, informative, and relatable Catholic videos.
- Word on Fire – Utilizing the tools of new media to draw people into or back to the Catholic Faith.
- Dynamic Catholic | Matthew Kelly – Re-energizing the Catholic Church in America by developing world-class resources that inspire people to rediscover the genius of Catholicism.
- Real Life Catholic | Chris Stefanick – Igniting a bold, contagious faith in the heart of every Catholic by building a movement of Catholics who share the beauty, power and truth of the Gospel with the world.
- Chastity Project – A ministry of Jason and Crystalina Evert that promotes the virtue of chastity through seminars, resources, clubs, and social media.
- Perpetual Adoration
- The Rosary
- Divine Mercy Chaplet with Our Sisters
- Channel 18, Valley Access: Wednesdays (5 p.m. and 11 p.m.); Thursday (5 a.m. and 12 p.m.); Saturday (3 p.m. and 9 p.m.); and Sunday (3 a.m. & 9:15 a.m.)
- Diocese of St. Cloud: Sundays at 11:00 a.m. on KSTC-TV/45
- EWTN: Check local cable/satellite schedule
We are so grateful to these publishers for making their resources available to support prayer during these difficult days.